The Committees of Council provide a forum for public input and make recommendations to Council on issues within their areas of responsibility. The Committees have mandates related to the services and operations of the Municipality.
Selecting one of the Committees below will allow you to view the by-law adopted by Council to establish the Committee, the Committee Mandate and its Terms of Reference
Local School Advisory
The Local School Advisory Committee ( LSAC) is a Committee of Councll that acts as an advisory body on matters related to the following:
- Identify opportunities for the Municipality of North Middlesex to enhance all publicly funded schools in North Middlesex.
- Develop a " Rural" solution to address the local needs of the Municipality, and the School Board.
- Identify current and future opportunities to support youth in North Middlesex thereby enhancing student programme options.
Parks & Recreation Advisory
The Recreation Advisory Committee is a Committee of Council that acts as an advisory body on matters related to recreation including:
- Reviewing the recreation needs of the community
- Assisting with the development of recreation and facilities level of service
- Ensuring programs and services attain the expected level of service
- Best management practices with regards to policies, practices and programs concerning parks, recreation and facilities;
- Provide feedback on issues and concerns regarding recreation, parks and facilities
- Ensuring programs and services are accessible.
Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC)
The Economic Development Advisory Committee is a Committee of Council that acts as an advisory body on matters related to economic development.
This committee is now full for this term.