Municipal Elections Act, Section 55
Results of election
(3) The clerk shall determine the results of the election by compiling the statements of results received from the deputy returning officers. 1996, c. 32, Sched., s. 55 (3).
(4) The clerk shall, as soon as possible after voting day,
(a) declare the candidate or candidates, as the case may be, who received the highest number of votes to be elected; and
(b) declare the result of any vote on a by-law or question. 1996, c. 32, Sched., s. 55 (4).
Information to be made available
(4.1) As soon as possible after voting day, the clerk shall make the following information available at no charge for viewing by the public on a website or in another electronic format:
1. The number of votes for each candidate.
2. The number of declined and rejected ballots.
3. The number of votes for the affirmative or negative on a by-law or question. 2016, c. 15, s. 39 (1).