In general, the municipality mails out billing for taxes and utilities (water, sewer, stormwater) on a given schedule. Please refer to the following concerning approximate billing dates and options:
North Middlesex issues two (2) billings a year with two (2) payments due on each billing.
Interim Tax Bill
- Interim tax billing is sent out in late January - installments due on the fourth last business day of February and May.
- The interim bill is based on 50% of the prior year's taxes
Final Tax Bill
- Final tax billing is sent out in late July or early August - installments due on the fourth last business day of August and November.
- Final billing based on approved budget and comprised of your property's share of the current year's budget less the amount already billed on the interim bill.
Utilities (Water, Sewer, Stormwater)
Moving or Change of Mailing Address
The municipality accommodates numerous forms of payments for Utilities (water, wastewater, stormwater) and Taxes. Please see the following information in regards to payment options:
At Your Bank / Financial Institution
Online/ Telephone/ Bank Branch Payments:
- The payee name is listed as “North Middlesex Utilities”
- You may already have another account listed under this payee, so please ensure that you are setting up a new payee for each differing customer number.
- Use the customer number found at the top right of the invoice when setting up your payee.
Pre-Authorized Payments (PAP)
Online- Via Credit Card
North Middlesex now accepts online payments for Utility, Property Tax, Accounts Receivable and Building Department invoices.
No registration is required to make a payment – simply enter your ‘Account Number’ to access the portal.
Payment types accepted:
- American Express credit card
- Mastercard credit card
- Visa credit card
Disclaimer: The North Middlesex online payment system is built and managed by a 3rd party payment vendor, Paymentus (link to www.paymentus.com). A 2.5% convenience fee charged by Paymentus is added to each online transaction. North Middlesex receives no additional revenue from the convenience fee.
To pay by mail, please enclose your cheque with remittance stub(s) payable to:
Municipality of North Middlesex
229 Parkhill Main Street
You can make or drop off payments at the Municipal Office:
Shared Services Building
229 Parkhill Main Street
Monday - Friday
(8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Payments can also be put in the provided Drop Box outside the sliding doors. Please enclose remittance stub(s). Please, NO CASH in the DropBox.
Canada Post ePost- Ending December 2022
Sign up for online payment (and billing) through Canada Post at epost.ca
Electronic Funds Transfer