Skip to Content
Background Image
I Want To...

Play It Forward - Recreational Subsidy Program

picture of skate on ice

Play It Forward Logo

North Middlesex with the assistance of Middlesex Dairy Producers is introducing a program called “Play it Forward”.  This subsidy program is intended to assist families from North Middlesex whose financial situation limits their child’s ability to participate in community recreation programs, namely basketball, hockey and soccer. 

What Costs Are Covered?

  • Up to 35%of the recreational program registration cost is the maximum subsidy.
  • This program supports only basketball, hockey and soccer registration costs. 

What Costs Are Not Covered?

  • Uniforms
  • Equipment
  • Volunteer Fees
  • Fundraising Items, etcetera

How Does It Work?

  • Application is submitted by the individual/family to North Middlesex.  Please note that the Low Income Threshold Table will be used to determine financial need.
  • Application is reviewed in strict confidence.  All information collected will be used solely for the purpose of determining eligibility for the subsidy and will be kept confidential as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
  • Application is accepted or denied.
  • If the application is denied, the applicant will be notified by the Manager of Recreation.
  • If application is accepted, the cheque is issued directly from North Middlesex to the chosen sporting organization or community club.
  • If a child does not participate in the approved program or drops out of the program, the municipality will expect a full or pro-rated refund of the share of the program paid on behalf of the participant so that other children can benefit from the funds available.

Please note: North Middlesex has limited funds available for this subsidy program. Applications will be accepted by families on a first-come first serve basis.

How Do I Apply?

  1. Application forms are available at the municipal office or by downloading application form - MS Word or PDF
  2. Application forms are to be given directly to the Recreation Manager for review or left in a sealed envelope marked “Attn: Recreation Manager” at the municipal office or at registration.